Saturday, April 14, 2018

More Model 3 Tesla

Well 1200+ miles - how is Circe the Tesla Model Three doing?

First let me admit to cognitive bias as this little witch has enchanted me.  I mean her higher functions like autopilot are a long way from perfect. Still in general my EV grin is back on where it was when I first tried electric so long ago.

Pro's

1. Pickup and handling. So good it's wasted on a 59 year old. I really love the way this car goes and slows (regen). You seen it on youtube so no reason to rehash. Wonderful driving down the winding mountain.

2. Fit and finish appear great. Two middle aged someone's going over the car at the Frederick EV show announced the couldn't find any defects - they seemed surprised. I wasn't - I've been hearing all the shills on social media and the wide majority of those who have cars tell them the much vaunted defects are few and far between.



3. Cockpit. I wish I could make everything so clean and Zen. Plenty of center cockpit storage for scissors, small first aid kit, old multi-tool, tire gauge, change, mints, small amazon fire pad, paper & pens, extra charge cords, two charged phone spots that you can see or hide. That is before the locked glove box. Closed the only thing you see are cupholders. Map pockets for the back of the seats that I can put EV flyers in.

4. Frunk - small but exactly fits my old very small airline roller (legal in all measuring boxes) which is my overnight kit and the portable Tesla UMC 2 charger kit.



5. Trunk - plenty of storage and a hidden well for holding water spray bottle. Small side storage perfect for wheel patch kit.

6. Range - Aero wheels are fine by me. Last night I started with 95% charge to 295 miles range estimate onscreen. Drove a loop down past DC and back up the mountain to home. Range estimate at 105 left and a total 207 miles driven. Watts per mile estimated on the trip meter at 215.  Very good especially driving 65 to 75 for a lot of the trip. That's only one example but if accurate this car might be incredible. Maybe I had favorable winds that moved to help on the return trip? We'll know more with 3 people and luggage on the great Boston road trip next week.



7.  Quiet and Loud.  Great soundsystem. Wow. When you turn it off - great quiet.

Cons - Will come back and update - off to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment