Thursday, March 15, 2018

After two years - The Tesla Model 3

Well electrics for me have looked like this:




The top red Th!nk City belongs to another owner in St Louis. He parked it next to the Tesla electric semi truck for contrast. My red Think City (rear view) is really just being held and gently driven in the hope I can return it to my college age son someday. He needed a longer range cheap gas car sadly. In the meantime with me it does a few short trips a week around Blue Ridge Summit, PA. It's only got 12.5K miles so its more fun than transport.

Or like this:



This is my 2012 Leaf SL with 56K miles bought Dec 2011 for a mere (gulp) $39K. As my trade in for the Tesla Model 3 it's worth a paltry $3800. It was my commuter car to my government job right up to retirement. With it's loss of range it's really only good as a town car today - about 45 miles is it's max. Still it was super reliable and only needed tires and 12 volt battery replacement. Saved a heck of a lot on gas and was always fun to drive.

So according to my Tesla rep my Model 3 will be ready for pick up near Baltimore on March 28th if the creek don't rise. This is almost 2 years exactly from the date of reservation, where I stood in line  sight unseen on March 31, 2016 and plunked down a grand to reserve one. Mine is blue for a change of color. Gotta pick a name.


Well I'll have real pictures soon enough. I'm glad I finally have some new electric news of my own. This one is big battery with 310 mile range, enhanced autopilot, and full self driving when Elon gets that figured out. I'm not gonna list the price but suffice it to say it's way above the base of $36K.

Charged off my solar power system at home + grid wind power contract on rain days I'm finally driving on sunshine and hot air. Grin.

More to come....



No comments:

Post a Comment