Friday, September 28, 2018

General EV News for September

National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) was a success in many areas. In Poolsville, MD there were record numbers of Electric Vehicles (EVs) over several days.

I instead went to a small session at a library in Walkersville, MD. I kind of like a small gathering and this one features Jonathan Slade & Novia Campbell who made a PBS special about driving an early Nissan Leaf West to East across Maryland on vacation. I can tell you in 2012 that was an accomplishment.


They are also great spokespeople for EVs.  While the audience was only a of couple of people the group was enthusiastic and really knowledgeable about the new wider world of electric transport.



I got to show off my Tesla Model 3, but both a Nissan Leaf and Hyundai Ioniq were there too. I wish we were a bigger group but hopefully this will grow next year with better announcement. Jonathan did a presentation with a lot of behind the scenes details of his journey into electric driving. It was quite amusing as well as interesting. I gave Novia a test drive of the Model after the presentation.

I also got to see the Emmy they earned for their movie - very impressive.




Next September I invite you, consider attending or better yet volunteering for National Drive Electric Week. I think you will learn about many different electric options by next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment