Thursday, September 2, 2021

A dark side: For a year I've had an ICE

No Pictures. This entry is a depressing confession. A year ago I acquired with my son a vacation home at the beach. In an area inaccessable to anything less than a four wheel drive with good clearence. While it is rented half the year and I can drive my Tesla, when I go down to maintain and visit it I have no choice but 4 wheel drive. Gas use again - ugh. I have a Cybertruck reservation but Elon is not famous for getting new vehicles out the door early. I am acutely aware of how every gallon of gas I buy is making climate worse. I absolutely use the used Forester 4x4 for nothing but that specific drive, but that is still making me deeply unhappy. I also worry with inflation Tesla is going to add bogus options to jump the price from the agreed on reservation price. I really can't afford a much higher price - even with saving and hopefully trading in the Forrester as well. Let's hope next year (2022) the Tesla Cybertruck rolls out on time and on budget. More on the CT soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment