Monday, August 6, 2018

Point #1 Electrics are more convenient to drive

I saved my first point for last, because it's a big one.

Today's electric vehicle is much more convenient to drive.



Why - well first because your fuel station is your home. Learn just one easy step - plug it in when parked at home. Because your fuel is electrons your home takes care of your car's needs while you sleep. My home is not as fast at charging as a level 3 Supercharger. However it does pump back in 30+ miles an hour while I sleep on a 240v dryer type circuit. 

Because of it's big battery my Tesla Model 3 can be preheated or cooled via my phone before I hop in. I simply unplug the cord and return it to the weatherproof wall adaptor, and jump in. The car knows my phone and auto unlocks, pulls my seat back for easy entry, and adjusts my seat, mirrors, and wheel to me automatically. Yes a high end gas car can have preheating or cooling too but generally has to be running - spewing carbon monoxide into your garage or driveway.  Electrics have caught up on luxury features.

I push the voice recognition ball and say 'Drive to Annapolis, MD' from my PA home. Pushing the accelerator I can not only take advantage of turn by turn directions with auto calculated supercharging stops if needed, I can also have the car use traffic aware cruise control and lane keeping to handle stop and go driving for me - I supervise in case of difficulty but the car auto pilot handles the repetitious annoying stuff.  When I want to drive it's like owning my own Griffin like in a Harry Potter movie.

Yes, Supercharging can take 15 minutes more - but with 5 hours of drive range I generally need a bio break of about supercharging time, for bathrooms and a coffee or lunch. The timing on my Maryland to Boston trip was one perfect stop for a quick lunch with my cousins.

Besides 95% of the time I'm full with cheap solar panel electrons from home. I miss all the gas stops regular old dirty gas cars make local driving because - I own an electric filling station at home. My Tesla also knows where the supercharger stations are and how many stalls are filled if I need to route elsewhere for a long trip.



Plus, I sleep easy knowing my car is easy on the environment.  Don't believe the rightfully frightened BS from the oil companies - electric is MUCH cleaner even including manufacture of today's recyclable batteries - even in coal states. Convenience is also peace of mind. Here's a comparison to dispel the petroleum company myths.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=40386&id=39060&id=38975&id=39538


No comments:

Post a Comment